I think it's about time I did another one of these favourites posts, don't ya think? I've wanted to blog this fifth instalment for about two months now, I'd say, but here's my issue with Current Loves posts: I put a list together, I then proceed to procrastinate on taking blog photos, I finally convince myself that I have to take said photos, and then realize my favourites have changed. It's a sad, sad cycle. I promise I'll try my best to do these posts more frequently, so let's get on with it!
- Shu Uemura eyelash curlers | Because most of my days now are spent in my local Starbucks solving physics problems, there's really no need for a full face of makeup. I have been loving just giving my lashes a good curl with my Shu Uemura lash curlers and altogether skipping mascara. It still gives the eyes that much needed lift without putting any product on.
- Real Techniques domed shadow brush | I am obsessed with this brush for blending out my concealer. I don't know what it is, but this paired with my favourite NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is a match made in makeup heaven. This brush buffs concealer so beautifully and seamlessly, thinning out the product across the skin but still retaining the coverage with absolutely no caking.
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana White | I'm going to tread lightly here because I do have commitment issues when it comes to beauty products, but I think I may have found my signature scent. I have this tendency to associate certain scents with certain seasons, but when I smelled this one I couldn't pin it down to just one. The floral peony and muguet make it wonderfully light, fresh, and feminine, and therefore perfect for the warmer months; but the musk makes it earthy and woody, and hence very fall-winter. It's a scent that really encapsulates my personality as being a balance, which I love. I got this teensy rollerball as a 100-point perk from Sephora which is great for my handbag, but I am definitely grabbing the full size!
- Bayo diamante necklace | I received this necklace ages ago from my friend Inna, but it wasn't until recently that I started to wear it a lot. I just find that it goes with everything from a plain tee to nice silk top to a standard button-up. I love the vintage feel it adds to a look, and how it can instantly complete an outfit. It was purchased from a local shop in the Philippines, but it actually doesn't look too difficult to DIY. Some gold chain, and a whole bunch of jump rings and diamantes and you'll be well on your way.
- Zara black sandals | Like I said my days lately have been pretty laid back, but back when I was working four to five days a week I would wear my Zara sandals constantly. Classic black suede, simple single strap with a thin ankle strap, and nice comfortable block heel. Granted, they won't feel like Nikes, but I can speed walk in them for a solid four hours - impressive in my book! They make any outfit look instantly chic and put together!
- Scandal | Oh my lawd. I have no words. I binge watched all three seasons of this the past week and let me tell you, it swallowed me whole. Is that even a thing? I'm making it a thing. This TV show is so fast-paced, unique, and exciting - you won't be able stop. It's a political drama about a woman named Olivia Pope, whose job as a crisis manager is to "fix" scandals for the nation's elite. She's brave, independent, and bloody brilliant at her job. And her wardrobe...... I drool. Someone get me that Ferragamo coat and I'll love you forever. Shonda Rhimes has done it again.
That is all I have for now, but I want to know: what have you been loving lately?
If you enjoy my posts, do follow me on Bloglovin', Facebook, and Twitter to make sure you get updates as soon as I post. All the links are in the sidebar!